A Companion to Rationalism
This book is a wide-ranging examination of rationalist thought in philosophy from ancient times to the present day.
* Written by a superbly qualified cast of philosophers
* Critically analyses the concept of rationalism
* Focuses principally on the golden age of rationalism in the seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries
* Also covers ancient rationalism, nineteenth-century rationalism, and rationalist themes in recent thought
* Organised chronologically
* Various philosophical methods and viewpoints are represented