World of Exchanges
'A group of the top banks are launching a new trading platform for financial derivatives. This will compete with the region's exchanges. European legislation - ie, MiFID - aims to spur competition in financial services by tearing down the structures that block it (Financial Times, 6/02/08).
To read about stock exchanges and the challenges they face, buy World of Exchanges.'
Understand how recent changes in the regulatory environment have transformed the world of stock exchanges and left the once protected industry open to the most extreme forms of competition. Essential insight for traders, dealers, underwriters, investment bankers, security brokers and legal advisors involved in exchange activities.
Provides you with a detailed examination of:
- Current challenges and future implications for stock exchanges
- Cross-border mergers and alliances between stock exchanges
- Electronic trading
- Global derivative market competition
- Market integration in the post-trade industry
- U.S. securities regulation in a world of global stock exchanges
- MIFID and its effect on stock exchanges