Practical Guide to Sovereign Wealth Funds
As global economic power shifts from the West to the East and recent investments in well-known Western institutions have propelled sovereign wealth funds into the public eye, this new title written by Adnan Hassan, a former Senior Advisor of the World Bank Group, highlights the importance of sovereign wealth funds.
This much-needed practical guide covers everything you need to further your understanding of SWFs and place them in the wider economic and political context.
Benefits of A Practical Guide to Sovereign Wealth Funds
• It provides a customised insight for SWFs, fund managers, service providers and regulators/policy-makers.
• It provides geographical analysis, definitions and approaches.
• It discusses the benefits and problems of sovereign wealth funds.
• It ranks the top sovereign wealth funds (such as Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, China Investment Corporation, Government Pension Fund - Global Norway, among others), important players in the industry and their objectives.
• Contains a global list of funds.
• Uses practical steps to enable you to profit from the SWF phenomena.
• Looks at the past, present and future SWFs.
• Holds useful contacts.
Topics covered include:
The rise of SWFs.
The objectives of SWFs.
The benefits of SWFs.
How firms can profit from SWF phenomena.
What lies ahead?