The HDRI Handbook 2.0
In 2007, The HDRI Handbook was the first book to present this revolutionary new field to a larger audience. These days HDRI is a fully mature technology available to everyone.
Now The HDRI Handbook 2.0 redefines its own gold standard. It has been completely rewritten and is packed with practical hints and tips, background knowledge, reference tools, breathtaking artist portfolios, and inspiring interviews. The book includes dozens of new step-by-step tutorials, which are easy to follow with the material provided on the DVD. Beginners will get a methodically solid introduction and advanced readers will be able to refine their technique to perfection.
Whether you are a photographer, CG artist, compositor, or cinematographer, this book is sure to enlighten you.
- Understanding the foundation of HDRI
- HDR software comparisons and evaluations
- Capturing HDR images: today and tomorrow
- Tonemapping for creating superior prints
- HDR image processing and compositing
- Shooting and stitching HDR panoramas
- Image-based lighting and CG rendering
2.0 updates include:
- New cameras, sensors, and HDR beamsplitter rigs
- Open Camera Controllers and other devices for endless auto-bracketing
- RAW pre-processing and ghost removal
- Dozens of practical, easy-to-follow tutorials
- A structured approach to tonemapping
- Set etiquette and tips for capturing HDR panos for visual effects
- A companion DVD loaded with goodies