Emulsion Formation and Stability
The importance of emulsification techniques, their use in the production of nanoparticles for biomedical applications as well as application of rheological techniques for studying the interaction between the emulsion droplets is gathered in this reference work. Written by some of the top scientists within their respective fields, this book covers such topics as emulsions, nano-emulsions, nano-dispersions and novel techniques for their investigation. It also considers the fundamental approach in areas such as controlled release, drug delivery and various applications of nanotechnology.
From the contents:
* Emulsion Formation, Stability, and Rheology
* Emulsion Formation in Membrane and Microfl uidic Devices
* Adsorption Characteristics of Ionic Surfactants at Water/Hexane Interface Obtained by PAT and ODBA
* Measurement Techniques Applicable to the Investigation of Emulsion Formation during Processing
* Emulsification in Rotor - Stator Mixers
* Formulation, Characterization, and Property Control of Paraffin Emulsions
* Polymeric O/W Nanoemulsions Obtained by the Phase Inversion Composition (PIC) Method for Biomedical Nanoparticle Preparation
* Rheology and Stability of Sterically Stabilized Emulsions
Aimed at surface, physical, and polymer chemists, materials scientists, and chemical engineers.