Product Performance Evaluation using CAD/CAE
This is one book of a four-part series, which aims to integrate discussion of modern engineering design principles, advanced design tools, and industrial design practices throughout the design process. Through this series, the reader will:
- Understand basic design principles and modern engineering design paradigms.
- Understand CAD/CAE/CAM tools available for various design related tasks.
- Understand how to put an integrated system together to conduct product design using the paradigms and tools.
- Understand industrial practices in employing virtual engineering design and tools for product development.
- Provides a comprehensive and thorough coverage on essential elements for product performance evaluation using the virtual engineering paradigms
- Covers CAD/CAE in Structural Analysis using FEM, Motion Analysis of Mechanical Systems, Fatigue and Fracture Analysis
- Each chapter includes both analytical methods and computer-aided design methods, reflecting the use of modern computational tools in engineering design and practice
- A case study and tutorial example at the end of each chapter provide hands-on practice in implementing off-the-shelf computer design tools
- Provides two projects at the end of the book showing the use of Pro/ENGINEER® and SolidWorks ® to implement concepts discussed in the book