Therapeutic Advances in Thrombosis
Managing patients with thrombotic vascular disease is complex and challenging:
* Ischemic vascular disease remains a complicated interplay of atherosclerosis and thrombosis--even with the evolution in our understanding of the pathobiology of thrombosis.
* There has been tremendous growth in therapeutic options which are quickly finding their place in daily practice, including a remarkable expansion in the number of intravenous and oral antithrombotic agents and new antiplatelet agents
Now more than ever, all cardiologists, hematologists, and specialists in vascular medicine, as well as other professionals, such as hospital pharmacists, who deal with prognosis and intervention in preventing thrombosis, need a resource that distills current knowledge of this important subject.
Written and edited by today's leading international, Therapeutic Advances in Thrombosis, 2e provides physicians with the very latest in medical and surgical advances in antithrombotic therapies. With this comprehensively updated edition you get:
* Coverage of virtually all aspects of venous and arterial thrombotic disease and the corresponding therapies
* Strategies to manage specific clinical conditions and how to tailor treatment to individual patient needs
* Updated chapters covering thrombolysis in ST-elevated myocardial infarctions; thrombosis in patients with diabetes, pregnancy, and renal dysfunction
* Special emphasis on the pharmacology of novel anticoagulants and their practical use in venous thromboembolism and atrial fibrillation.
Plus, all chapters fully explore clinical trial designs and outcomes for particular treatment therapies, as well as contain the relevant ACC/AHA/ESC guidelines, so you can confidently apply what you learn.