Scheffer/Schachtschabel Soil Science
The soils are fundamental to our existence, delivering water and nutrients to plants, that feed us. But they are in many ways in danger and their conservation is therefore a most important focus for science, governments and society as a whole.
A team of world recognised researchers have prepared this first English edition based on the 16th European edition.
• The precursors and the processes of soil development
• The physical, biological and chemical properties of soils
• Nutrients and Pollutants
• The various soil classifications with the main focus on the World Reference Base for Soil Resources (WRB)
• The most important soils and soil landscapes of the world
• Soil Evaluation Techniques
• Basic Principles of Soil Conservation
Whoever works with soils needs this book.
Based on the standard textbook on Soil Science for over 30 years in Europe now available in English and improved and adjusted for the North American and International Market. Contents enriched by more than 250 (100 color) illustrations and dozens of tables and useful charts Constitutes and unparalleled breadth of authoritative and class-tested material to serve as a primary textbook, supplementary reader and source of enrichment topics