Stedman's Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing
The Sixth Edition of this popular medical dictionary is thoroughly updated with more than 51,000 entries, featuring medical terminology used in over 30 of today's fastest growing health profession areas. You'll also find comprehensive inclusion of entries suited for the Nursing field, with correct terminology for all Nursing students and practitioners.
- Over 51,000 terms
- 1,000 enriched color images and photographs add clarity and emphasis to terms
- Detailed images by Anatomical Chart Company, included in a special glossy insert, enhance the comprehension of anatomical terms
- 65 valuable appendices covering 11 sections
- Precision-cut thumb tabs enable quick A-to-Z reference
- Written pronunciations for every term help you master usage quickly
- Eye-catching icons help identify terms that have associated images, have an audio pronunciation, or are combining forms
- British alternative spellings
- More than 45 leading consultants from the fastest growing nursing and health professions contributed to the enhancements of this latest edition
The Bonus CD-ROM packaged with the book includes all the features of the print edition in fully searchable format, plus over 40,000 audio pronunciations.