Corrosion of Ceramic Materials, Third Edition
Reflecting the many changes in the field since the publication of the second edition, Corrosion of Ceramic Materials, Third Edition incorporates more information on bioceramics, including nanomaterials, as well as the weathering of construction materials. Adhering to the original plan of classification by chemistry, this edition reorganizes the topics into four main sections: Fundamentals, Corrosion Analysis, Corrosion of Specific Materials, and Properties and Corrosion.
New to the Third Edition
- New chapters on corrosion by biological sources
- New chapter on corrosion of architectural materials
- Additional material on thermal and environmental barrier coatings
- Expanded chapter on composites
- More questions and examples
- New literature sources in each chapter where appropriate
With an abundance of practical features and new information, this expanded and completely reorganized third edition helps readers address corrosion problems and create the most corrosion-resistant systems possible. Designed as a reference, it could also be used as a text in a graduate or senior undergraduate course.