Media Reloaded is an innovative and engaging student text for middle secondary media courses in Australia and beyond. It is also an invaluable resource for the development of visual literacy skills in the English classroom.
- Developed by experienced media educators with a passion for understanding contemporary media and technology both in and out of the classroom.
- Studies the contemporary media landscape, from both practical and theoretical perspectives, including media language, technologies, institutions, the role of audiences and the social values embedded in representations.
- Discusses how media and multimodal texts are produced and received by exploring genre; narrative; visual literacy; film and video; photography; representation; advertising and propaganda; text media; animation and gaming; and audio forms.
- Helps students consider the historical, social, and cultural factors that shape the meaning of texts.
- Explores how theory and practice works outside the classroom through profiles of prominent media practitioners and personalities.