Electrochemistry for Chemists
A complete and practical guide to the basic principles of electrochemistry for the nonspecialist
Emphasizing practical applications and real-world experimentation, Electrochemistry for Chemists gives chemists, biologists, and material scientists a solid understanding of the basic principles and modern methodology of electrochemistry. Incorporating the many new applications of recent years, this thoroughly updated Second Edition gives the nonelectrochemist access to a powerful tool for the study and measurement of chemical systems. And, like the popular first edition, the Second Edition is also a useful text for senior undergraduate and graduate students, especially in organic, inorganic, and biological chemistry.
* Offers a practical guide to the use of electrochemical methods in research and laboratory work
* Provides examples of molecular characterization by electrochemical methods in all subdivisions of chemistry, including dioxygen species, base metals, and nonmetals
* Includes numerous tables of electrochemical data, as well as physical parameters for solvents, electrolytes, cells, and electrodes
* Incorporates the latest information on instrumentation, solvents, and reagents
* Lists extensive references for further study of theoretical issues