Time-Frequency Signal Analysis and Processing
Time-Frequency Signal Analysis and Processing (TFSAP) is a collection of theory, techniques and algorithms used for the analysis and processing of non-stationary signals, as found in a wide range of applications including telecommunications, radar, and biomedical engineering. This book gives the university researcher and R&D engineer insights into how to use TFSAP methods to develop and implement the engineering application systems they require.
New to this edition:
- New sections on Efficient and Fast Algorithms; a "Getting Started" chapter enabling readers to start using the algorithms on simulated and real examples with the TFSAP toolbox, compare the results with the ones presented in the book and then insert the algorithms in their own applications and adapt them as needed.
- Two new chapters and twenty three new sections, including updated references.
- New topics including: efficient algorithms for optimal TFDs (with source code), the enhanced spectrogram, time-frequency modelling, more mathematical foundations, the relationships between QTFDs and Wavelet Transforms, new advanced applications such as cognitive radio, watermarking, noise reduction in the time-frequency domain, algorithms for Time-Frequency Image Processing, and Time-Frequency applications in neuroscience (new chapter).
- A comprehensive tutorial introduction to Time-Frequency Signal Analysis and Processing (TFSAP), accessible to anyone who has taken a first course in signals
- Key advances in theory, methodology and algorithms, are concisely presented by some of the leading authorities on the respective topics
- Applications written by leading researchers showing how to use TFSAP methods