A History and Description of the Pitt Press
Commissioned in honour of William Pitt the Younger and finished in 1833, The Pitt Building housed the printing and publishing offices of Cambridge University Press for over 100 years. First published in 1938, this book provides a concise and accessible historical account of the building. The chief sources of information for this history were the Syndicate minute books and other papers preserved at the Press, including correspondence which passed at the time of the building's original development. These primary sources are liberally referred to throughout and numerous illustrative figures are also provided. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in The Pitt Building and the history of Cambridge University Press.