Bioactive Heterocyclic Compound Classes
Filling a gap in the market, this two-volume set is the first to present important pharmaceuticals as well as agrochemical pesticides in one handy work.
Each of the around 40 chapters covers in a concise manner one class of heterocycles, clearly structured as follows:
* Structural formulas of most important examples (market products)
* Short background of history or discovery
* Typical syntheses of important examples
* Mode of action
* Characteristic biological activity
* Structure-activity relationship
* Additional chemistry information (e.g. further transformations, alternative syntheses, metabolic pathways, etc.)
A valuable one-stop reference source for researchers in academia and industry as well as for graduate students with career aspirations in the field of pharmaceutical and agrochemical chemistry.