Contesting the Reformation
Contesting the Reformation provides a comprehensive survey of the most influential works in the field of Reformation studies from a comparative, cross-national, interdisciplinary perspective.
* Represents the only English-language single-authored synthetic study of Reformation historiography
* Addresses both the English and the Continental debates on Reformation history
* Provides a thematic approach which takes in the main trends in modern Reformation history
* Draws on the most recent publications relating to Reformation studies
* Considers the social, political, cultural, and intellectual implications of the Reformation and the associated literature