This pioneering book brings together the latest research on precancer conditions of the oral cavity and their specific application to the dental field. In addition to providing a scientific and evidence-based survey of the disparate sources of oral precancer research, this book presents practical information, proposing a rational basis for an interventional clinical management protocol. It will be an invaluable resource for dental practitioners as well as specialists in oral medicine and oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Written and edited by prominent researchers in the field, Oral Precancer furnishes its readers with a balanced approach to this highly topical subject and delivers a concise summary of the current understanding of the nature and behaviour of potentially malignant oral disorders.
* Compiles recent research on precancer conditions of the oral cavity
* Provides practical information for dentists seeking to apply research in clinical scenarios
* Includes reference sections in each chapter listing relevant review articles
* Contains a chapter devoted to illustrative case histories
* Full of high quality colour clinical photos