A Companion to Spanish Cinema
A Companion to Spanish Cinema is a bold collection of newly commissioned essays written by top international scholars that thoroughly interrogates Spanish cinema from a variety of thematic, theoretical and historic perspectives.
* Presents an insightful and provocative collection of newly commissioned essays and original research by top international scholars from a variety of theoretical, disciplinary and geographical perspectives
* Offers a systematic historical, thematic, and theoretical approach to Spanish cinema, unique in the field
* Combines a thorough and insightful study of a wide spectrum of topics and issues with in-depth textual analysis of specific films
* Explores Spanish cinema's cultural, artistic, industrial, theoretical and commercial contexts pre- and post-1975 and the notion of a "national" cinema
* Canonical directors and stars are examined alongside understudied directors, screenwriters, editors, and secondary actors
* Presents original research on image and sound; genre; non-fiction film; institutions, audiences and industry; and relations to other media, as well as a theoretically-driven section designed to stimulate innovative research