This book is a clear and comprehensive guide to the treatment and management of dental emergencies in clinical practice. Written and edited by experts in the field, the book provides succinct step by step advice for dealing with a range of emergency situations. Beginning with examination and patient histories, it covers restorative emergencies, traumatic injuries and pain management with advice for treatment options including analgesia, surgery, and referrals.
Dental Emergencies also includes chapters that focus on the treatment of special needs patients and the management of medical emergencies in the course of dental treatment with reference to specific case examples. Providing practical, clear advice and highly illustrated throughout, this book is an invaluable reference for all dental practices.
* A concise guide to managing dental emergencies in clinical practice
* Contains step-by-step procedures and clinical examples
* Provides thorough coverage of presentations of pain and pain management
* Includes key chapters on treating patients with special needs and dealing with medical emergencies occurring during dental treatment
* Fully illustrated throughout with colour photos