The Global Future of English Studies
* The Global Future of English Studiespresents a succinct, carefully documented assessment of the current state and future trajectory of English studies around the world.
* Compiles data on student enrollments, faculty hiring, and financing in English studies around the world including China, home to more English majors than the U.S. and U.K. combined
* Rejects prevailing narratives of contraction and decline that dominate histories of the discipline
* Stresses English studies' expansion within a rapidly expanding global academic apparatus, and the new challenges and opportunities such sudden and dispersive growth presents
* Essential reading for anyone interested in studying or teaching English in higher education