Nursing the Feline Patient
Nursing the Feline Patient is a comprehensive and accessible clinical manual addressing the unique nursing needs of cats. Covering all aspects of feline nursing care from the examination room to the surgical suite, the book highlights the special considerations for cat patients throughout. Written specifically for veterinary technicians and nurses, topics range from restraint, preventative care, and laboratory procedures to surgery, dentistry, and specific diseases of concern.
Carefully designed for easy reference, chapters are logically organized into sections on patient management, diagnostics, surgery and recovery, and major diseases by body system. Each chapter begins with an overview of the anatomy and physiology required for a full understanding of the disease. Nursing the Feline Patient is an essential resource for veterinary technicians working with feline patients.
* Offers complete coverage on providing cats with high-quality veterinary care as a technician or nurse
* Addresses the unique aspects of feline nursing throughout
* Encompasses patient management, diagnostics, surgery and recovery, and major diseases
* Designed specifically for veterinary technicians and nurses seeking thorough information on working with cats in the clinical setting
* Includes access to a companion website with review questions and answers, clinical cases, and images in PowerPoint at www.wiley.com/go/schmeltzer