Foundations of Multidimensional and Metric Data Structures
Foundations of Multidimensional and Metric Data Structures provides a thorough treatment of multidimensional point data, object and image-based representations, intervals and small rectangles, and high-dimensional datasets.
The book includes a thorough introduction; a comprehensive survey to spatial and multidimensional data structures and algorithms; and implementation details for the most useful data structures. Each section includes a large number of exercises and solutions to self-test and confirm the reader's understanding and suggest future directions.
The book is an excellent and valuable reference tool for professionals in many areas, including computer graphics, databases, geographic information systems (GIS), game programming, image processing, pattern recognition, solid modeling, similarity retrieval, and VLSI design.
- First comprehensive work on multidimensional data structures available, a thorough and authoritative treatment
- An algorithmic rather than mathematical approach, with a liberal use of examples that allows the readers to easily see the possible implementation and use
- Each section includes a large number of exercises and solutions to self-test and confirm the reader's understanding and suggest future directions
- Written by a well-known authority in the area of spatial data structures who has made many significant contributions to the field
- The author's website includes: Spatial Index Demos