ACSM's Career and Business Guide for the Fitness Professional
ACSM’s Career and Business Guide for the Fitness Professional covers the practical aspects of running a successful fitness business and having a successful fitness career. Fitness professionals will have the information they need to start planning their own business and make wise career choices. The book is designed to be very practical and provides forms and succinct how to instructions for successful business planning.
- Practical Tone—intended to be a guide and resource for the fitness professional, regardless of their role in the industry or where they are in their career.
- Chapter Objectives—list the material presented in each chapter.
- Chapter Summaries—provide a succinct recap of important concepts.
- Your Resources—present easy-to-access information and business resources.
- Distinct Sections—Part 1 of the text is focused on the fitness professional’s career and professional development. Part 2 examines the fitness professional as an entrepreneur.
- Sample Business Plan—Part 3 of the text is a complete sample business plan including financials, demographic research, and a marketing plan.
- Sample Budgets—included within the sample business plan are sample budgets for start-up costs and five-year operating expenses.
- Sample Business Plan Presentation—included with the sample business plan is a presentation that might be used when presenting the investment opportunity to prospective financiers.