Mobile TV: Customizing Content and Experience
This book will present significant projects and studies carried out in academia and in industry seeking to develop new mobile multimedia systems that go beyond mobile TV (in terms of purely media streaming) and are more enjoyable and relevant for the nomadic and peripatetic user. To do this, it will showcase successful methodologies and new relevant solutions that extend the field of action of people on the move, improving, at the same time, the quality of their mobile experience.
The objectectives of the book are as follows:
- to gain insight into the future of mobile TV and mobile video in general;
- to explore the user-experience in mobile and pervasive interactive multimedia systems;
- to question the essential correlation between mobile video and users' context;
- to analyse how these systems can encourage the creation of mobile communities;
- to understand how these systems can be evaluated;
- to unveil relevant scenarios for mobile storytelling (creation and sharing);
- to understand how sociability can be achieved in nomadic contexts;
- to analyse how mobile digital content could evolve;
- to examine advanced interaction modalities for mobile video, and
- to discuss techniques to anticipate how nomadic cultures can shape trends in technology.
Exploration of mobile and pervasive interactive multimedia systems such as mobile TVFocus on mobile systems that enable the creation/sharing of stories, encourage creativity, foster collaborative work and socialization, evolve communities, and support videoSpecial attention to the analysis of the quality of user experienceShowcase of successful case studies of research and design innovation in the area