This comprehensive introductory massage text is organized into twenty four chapters that cover the key areas addressed in massage programs of 500 to 1200 hours in length. Topics inside the chapters are structured to allow for manageable reading assignments that build a student’s sense of accomplishment and motivation. Written and designed for today’s adult learner, the book offers a broad discussion of foundation massage with appropriate depth for a beginning student progressing to an entry-level professional. It also contains new topics that are necessary to prepare today’s adult learners for successful massage careers. A helpful appendix on health care terminology, a comprehensive massage glossary, and a robust set of ancillary materials complete the package.
- Author clearly, and separately, presents the theory (why) and practice (how) of massage therapy
- Student-friendly chapter features that will engage the reader, make the chapter appear more “friendly,” and emphasize critical information
- Study Tips: The Study Tips feature in the Massage Fusion section provides useful hints for how to approach information and study efficiently.
- Massage Inspiration: This feature in the Massage Fusion provides activities and exercises that encourage students to have fun and enjoy the process of becoming a therapist.
- It’s True! highlights massage research relevant to specific chapter topics.
- Chapter Wrap Up: This closing feature is designed to encourage students to keep learning,even when school feels challenging. Students are reminded to remember how far they have come in their educational processes and relate information in a variety of chapters together so that students understand how various bits of massage learning fit into an integrative whole.